Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My Mic Sounds Nice...


Ok so the BET special "My Mic Sounds Nice" about female emcees just aired tonight and I must say that it inspired me...so much so that I'm writing this blog post right now!

I think that it is definitely time for me to get back on the path that I was on before I was blessed with my daughter...

There's just so much room for women in Hip Hop...we don't all have to be hyper sexualized...not all are going to have lyrics that make you think (mine will tho lol) some are going to be more attractive than others...but there is room for all of us, just like there are many different types of men in Hip Hop...

Just as the balance is off in regards to substance in the music today...the balance is off in regards to the female energy...I don't believe that men only want to look at women in Hip Hop and don't really care about anything that is coming out of our mouths...

I guess I'll have to be the one to dispel that myth!

In the meantime make sure you "like" my fan page on facebook to stay updated with me :) Click this link to head there now! www.LadyAFanPage.com

No comments: